Don’t wait …
for a smile before you are pleasant to others.
until you are lonely before you recognize the value of a friend.
until the funeral to appreciate someone important in your life today.
for a better job before you start working hard.
until you fail to remember good counsel.
until you are ill to recognize how fragile life is.
until you are bitter to ask for forgiveness.
until you are in pain to believe in prayer.
until you have time in order to begin to serve.
until you are separated before you seek reconciliation.
for recognition before you start to serve.
until you are rich to be a generous giver.
for the other one to take the initiative if you are guilty.
for someone to say “Me too” before you say “I love you”.
until the day you die to give your life to the Lord!!!
Don’t wait …
This is why we want to honor so many of our dear sisters in Christ. Just think about the Caring Kitchen meals, teas and showers, funerals and the bereaved, Life Groups, sick and shut-ins, pot-lucks and more. You all are truly remarkable and worthy of praise. We praise you and the Lord who inspires you to tirelessly serve others.
We belong to Him and each other.
They may be tough nuts to crack but if you succeed, you’ll find beauty, potential and a valuable source of nutrition. To crack a walnut open, just place it on a rock or a concrete surface, hold it at the right angle, lift a hammer into the air and force it down rapidly. If you hit it hard enough, it will open, but you may sometimes crush it to smithereens. God has a better way. Just bury it in the ground, expose it to the right moisture and temperature and wait for it to crack open from the inside, just like a chicken egg. You never need to beat it over the head to make it sprout and grow and be transformed into a very useful tree. Human beings, when placed in the proper environment, can grow and become what God designed us to be. God’s power to transform people is incredible. There are some important factors in the process of transformation:
1. The potential for greatness that God designed into human beings.
2. The environment conducive to growth provided by Christians who look beyond a person’s faults to see their needs.
3. A person’s own free will and ability to choose between good and evil.
4. The gospel of Jesus Christ that motivates people to love and goodness.
5. The Holy Spirit present in the life of a person. I know it happens. The Bible says it happens and I have seen it happen.
I am just a nobody who wants to tell everybody about somebody who can transform anybody.
Sam Hagan shared with me “The Magic Bank Account”.
“Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 into your account but there were rules to follow:
- Everything that you didn’t spend during each day would be taken away from you.
- You may not simply transfer money into some other account; you may only spend it.
- Each morning the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
- The bank can end the game without warning and close your account permanently.
What would you personally do? Would you buy anything and everything you wanted? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for; even for people you don’t know, (you couldn’t possibly spend it all on yourself).
Would you try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning?
Actually, this bank is real and a deposit is made into your account each morning. The deposit is “TIME”.
- Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
- When we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not rolled over; what we haven’t used up that day is forever lost.
- Yesterday is forever gone.
- Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING.
So, what will you do with your 86,400 seconds? Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about it and remember to use wisely every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think. Invest wisely; love deeply; enjoy life. It is a gift from God!
Thank, You, Father, for the gift of LIFE!